Fresh Install and Firefox keeps losing sound

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Fresh Install and Firefox keeps losing sound

Postby kutuzof on Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:31 am

Hello Everyone,

I've been using Ubuntu for a long time but recently decided to try out Linux Mint. I've got a 99% Completely fresh install, the only additional packages are so far some Mindmapping software (should be part of the standard office kit) and graphics drivers.

My problem is that every now and then Mozilla will lose the sound drivers or something. After a fresh boot everything is fine but if I leave the machine running for a day or so (doing nothing other than web browsing, watching a couple videos and using basic office software (+freemind) ) then suddenly Firefox loses all sound and the only solution I have found is to re-boot. Which with something at the level of Mint is a bit frustrating. I could leave my old Ubuntu install running for months without having to re-boot.

As a side note firefox also doens't close properly. When I close and try to re-open the firefox process is still running and I have to >kill it before I can re-open firefox.

I'm not much more experiences than your basic newbie, if anyone can help me I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Kutuzof
kutuzof
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Fresh Install and Firefox keeps losing sound

Postby Husse on Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:40 am

Seems to be a Firefox problem. Try to reinstall Firefox - open Synaptic and mark for reinstallation
Also not a installation and boot problem - topic moved
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Software & Applications