Felicia doesn't like this pdf servlet

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Felicia doesn't like this pdf servlet

Postby mtngun on Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:34 pm

Having problems opening a pdf servlet with Felicia, on two different boxes. This application worked fine with previous versions of Mint. It works fine in Windoze. So it would appear to be related to Felicia.

I tried to attach the servlet to this thread, but received the error "The extension labelgenerationservlet is not allowed."

The servlet is a prepaid U.S. postal service shipping label. The name of a (sample) label is com.usps.cns.web.pdf.LabelGenerationServlet

When I try to open the servlet with either document viewer or ePDFveiwer, the program loads, but then immediately closes.

I need to use this application frequently. Today I was forced to switch to Windoze to print my shipping labels. Bummer. :x

As a bandaid, I tried using Wine to install Foxit Reader and Adobe Reader 9, but neither installed successfully.

So far I haven't found anything about this pdf servlet problem over on the Ubuntu forums.

Help !!!!
mtngun
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Felicia doesn't like this pdf servlet

Postby grimdestripador on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:37 am

I have this same problem with my pdf bank statements.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Postby altair4 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:24 am

When I try to open the servlet with either document viewer or ePDFveiwer, the program loads, but then immediately closes

Have you used Adobe Reader in Mint? It's not clear in your posting.
Hard to find in Synaptic because it's labeled acroread

EDIT: I can confirm that this works. I downloaded a com.usps.cns.web.pdf.LabelGenerationServlet file to my desktop using firefox. I right clicked the file > selected Open with "Adobe Reader 8" and it renders the label and automatically opens the adobe printer dialog.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
altair4
Level 16
Level 16

Postby mtngun on Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:16 am

I'm installing acroread as I type this. Thank you very much for the suggestion. I wasn't even aware that adobe was available for linux. :oops:

I'm not a fan of adobe and would much rather use the standard Mint document viewer, but .....

Hey, acroread does open the servlet. Let's declare a victory !!!! Thanks for the help, altair4. :D
mtngun
Level 1
Level 1

Postby altair4 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:19 am

Glad it worked out. You might want to amend your original post by adding [SOLVED] to the end of the subject title so others similarly afflicted can quickly find it.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
altair4
Level 16
Level 16

Return to Software & Applications