Felicia doesn't like this pdf servlet

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mtngun

Felicia doesn't like this pdf servlet

Post by mtngun »

Having problems opening a pdf servlet with Felicia, on two different boxes. This application worked fine with previous versions of Mint. It works fine in Windows. So it would appear to be related to Felicia.

I tried to attach the servlet to this thread, but received the error "The extension labelgenerationservlet is not allowed."

The servlet is a prepaid U.S. postal service shipping label. The name of a (sample) label is com.usps.cns.web.pdf.LabelGenerationServlet

When I try to open the servlet with either document viewer or ePDFveiwer, the program loads, but then immediately closes.

I need to use this application frequently. Today I was forced to switch to Windows to print my shipping labels. Bummer. :x

As a bandaid, I tried using Wine to install Foxit Reader and Adobe Reader 9, but neither installed successfully.

So far I haven't found anything about this pdf servlet problem over on the Ubuntu forums.

Help !!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Felicia doesn't like this pdf servlet

Post by grimdestripador »

I have this same problem with my pdf bank statements.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Post by altair4 »

When I try to open the servlet with either document viewer or ePDFveiwer, the program loads, but then immediately closes
Have you used Adobe Reader in Mint? It's not clear in your posting.
Hard to find in Synaptic because it's labeled acroread

EDIT: I can confirm that this works. I downloaded a com.usps.cns.web.pdf.LabelGenerationServlet file to my desktop using firefox. I right clicked the file > selected Open with "Adobe Reader 8" and it renders the label and automatically opens the adobe printer dialog.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
mtngun

Post by mtngun »

I'm installing acroread as I type this. Thank you very much for the suggestion. I wasn't even aware that adobe was available for linux. :oops:

I'm not a fan of adobe and would much rather use the standard Mint document viewer, but .....

Hey, acroread does open the servlet. Let's declare a victory !!!! Thanks for the help, altair4. :D
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Post by altair4 »

Glad it worked out. You might want to amend your original post by adding [SOLVED] to the end of the subject title so others similarly afflicted can quickly find it.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.

Return to “Software & Applications”