Firefox/Google Mint Version

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Firefox/Google Mint Version

Post by altair4 »

Please read the following:
http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=142

It explains why Mint's google is the way it is and how you can revert to the default google.
Excerpt:
The reason we changed from default google to a custom engine is because it generates a lot of revenue and this single plugin could potentially make Linux Mint into a company which actually hires full-time employees.
Just think how good Mint would be with full time employees :!: :!:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
nobitacu

Post by nobitacu »

I fully support Linux Mint's idea with this, and will help as I can with donations in the near future. :D
qbicdesign

Post by qbicdesign »

i don't mind the mint flavour google search in general at all, but there's some cool things you can do in standard google search which don't seem to work with the mint flavour
for example, I often use google for getting currency or unit conversions - its a great feature which saves me soooooo much time, and i'm sure most people don't even know its there.
try typing this into http://www.google.com page:

convert 36.50 usd to gbp

sadly doesn't work with mint google.
if there's any way that mint's google can be tweaked to enable all of google's funky features thats would be truly awesome!
;)
slider
Level 5
Level 5

Post by slider »

Try as I might I just cant understand why our Mint/Google search bothers so many people??? :? I think its the very least thing users can do to help support our distro that we all enjoy so much.

Suggestion below:

Instead of changing the default Mint search engine its seems if users who just need the regular full Google features at CERTAIN times could simply bookmark that page and then click on it for use when they need it! Whats an extra couple of clicks compared to helping support your favourite Linux distro???????? MINT!

:) In the end it is your choice to make. As for me I choose to support Linux Mint..........

Return to “Software & Applications”