Wine & mintMenu help

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Wine & mintMenu help

Postby bumpofjimmy on Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:29 pm

hey all,

i just started using wine with to install adobe photoshop cs2 and a little program called iphonebrowser. for some reason, no shortcut appeared in the wine section of mintmenu. i was wondering if there's something i can do to add it in. secondly, i couldn't get my iphonebrowser program to work, and it might just be that it's not compatible with wine, i attempted to uninstall it, but it left some shortcuts that were not removed. even though i deleted the actual file, mintmenu doesn't give me the prompt to remove the shortcut. thirdly, the "uninstall wine software" doesn't seem to work (i have to do $wine uninstaller). i apologize ahead of time for my novice questions, but i'd appreciate any help. thanks!

- jim
bumpofjimmy
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Wine & mintMenu help

Postby distoaddict on Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:45 pm

I presume you are using the main Gnome version in which case Right click Menu-select Edit menu-In the main menu window move down to wine programs and untick and delete the iphonebrowser application that should get rid of it.
distoaddict
Level 4
Level 4

Postby gibbs1984 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:49 pm

If you right-click on the Linux Mint Menu and select Edit Menu it will give you an option to check or uncheck what you want to see in the Mint Menu so you can uncheck the ones you don't want to see anymore and you can see if it will let you select the ones that didn't show.

Damn, beaten to it :(
Linux Mint 17 (Cinnamon) 32bit.
gibbs1984
Level 5
Level 5

Postby bumpofjimmy on Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:11 am

i was expecting some long winded terminal usage. to both of you, thank you so much for your quick responses. i really appreciate the helpful linux community! do you know why "uninstall wine software" link on the mintmenu doesn't work like it should?

- jim
bumpofjimmy
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications