Feature request: Already installed - uninstall?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
qbicdesign

Feature request: Already installed - uninstall?

Post by qbicdesign »

From Mintinstall, when i'm browsing the packages it would be useful to know if i have the selected package already installed or not, and preferably with an option there to uninstall it.
It just seems strange to me that for installing, we're quite actively encouraged to use MintInstall, yet when it comes to uninstalling anything, we're lacking the same level of guidance...

for the benefit of those who don't know how to uninstall - right click on the Mint Menu icon for the application, select uninstall
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fred

Re: Feature request: Already installed - uninstall?

Post by Fred »

qbicdesign,

I think that is a good point. But I do see the other side too. Clem is trying to keep the screens as simple and straight forward as possible. If it starts getting too many "features" there isn't much advantage in using it over synaptic. Remember, it is designed as a new user's tool. It is a balancing act, so-to-speak.

Fred
dequire

Post by dequire »

I'd like to see an uninstall option here as well. Even noob users will eventually want to uninstall software. And knowing at a glance when is installed and isn't with the option to uninstall would be a big help.
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

It's already been done, ready for Helena: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=30698

Return to “Software & Applications”