.uif file type

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
foxpoint11
Level 1
Level 1

.uif file type

Post by foxpoint11 »

A friend gave my wife a series of audio books.It is in a single file of type .uif and 2.8 GB in size.Instructions say
files are ready to import into iTunes Audiobook format and will play on iPod.Burn or extract the image with magiciso v5.5.
I tried Brasero and K3b with no luck in burning or extracting.Also tried Rhythmbox just in case it might work.
Anyone have an idea how to open this file using Mint.Wife uses Mepis.
Also used google to research uif.Forget Wine,also tried ufi2iso,with no success.
Chinese make ipod, magicios looks like it is there program. Crap.............
Any ideas?
foxpoint11
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
garda

Re: .uif file type

Post by garda »

...Nevermind... Should have read your post more carefully. :oops:
glas
Level 2
Level 2

Re: .uif file type

Post by glas »

.uif is a scam to get you to purchase an application to re-convert it back to .iso (or other format).

But don't despair. Luigi Auriemma has created a small program that will do it quickly, easily, and for free. You can get his open-source program here:

http://aluigi.org/mytoolz.htm#uif2iso

It's a .exe file but can be installed into Linux or Mac without much fuss. Easily how to install instructions in the text file.

I'm not Linux wiz but managed to install it and used it in my Mint 5 OS without problem.

Return to “Software & Applications”