Java problem

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Rifter

Java problem

Post by Rifter »

Im having a problem with Java apps, mostly games. My girlfriend uses facebook alot and plays alot of the games, some do not work. Also most of the free java game sites such as popcap also dont work. All of these sites work fine in vista which i have dual booted so its not a big deal but it would be nice to have them work with linux. I had to change the Jave files to get frostwire working and it did not fix the games problem. Any advice?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Rifter

Re: Java problem

Post by Rifter »

I have downloaded and installed latest version from sun(version 6 update 12) but it did not update the version firefox is using it is still using the old version(version 6 update 10), how do i make firefox use the new version i figured installing it would do it but i guess not?
Rifter

Re: Java problem

Post by Rifter »

I have now tried making a symbolic link to the java file as i found you had to do when i googled this problem and firefox is still using the old version, please help.

Return to “Software & Applications”