Questions about applications and software
Before you post please read this
What are some good recommended security programs for Linux Mint Main Edition "Felicia"
- Level 1
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:01 pm
Not all exactly "programs" but general tips:
1. Turn on the firewall from the GUI already built into Mint. (Administration>Firewall configuation)
2. Don't use the root account (if you made one) for normal activities, don't ever start a web browser with sudo/gksu.
3. If you feel the need to scan for Windows viruses install clamav + the clamtk GUI or avast antivirus.
- Level 5
- Posts: 709
- Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:05 am
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests