Openoffice 3 image problems

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Openoffice 3 image problems

Postby anista on Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:17 am

Hello,

I am using Openoffice 3 on three computers: a PC running Linux Mint, an Eee-pc running eeebuntu, and a macbook running OSX Leopard . I have just written a paper on my mac, saved it in .odt, and tried to open in Linux Mint and in Eeebuntu. I need to work on it on PC:s.

On Eeebuntu, there's no problem, however, on Linux Mint the paper in question does not show the images properly, or rather, not at all. All images are gone (except one), there is only space left - not even a frame or anything like that, just blank space. I find this strange, because I'm using the same .odt-file, and I'm using the same OpenOffice 3 on all three computers. Anybody know why I can't see images in OO on LM? Probably just a setting, but on eeebuntu and osx it worked without tampering with any settings at all.

Thanks,

Anista

Edit: Oh, and I am new to Linux Mint as well as to GNU/Linux in general, so I don't know if this is the correct forum. I just thought that since the problem occurred only on the Linux Mint-machine, I could get some help here. Thanks again!
anista
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Openoffice 3 image problems

Postby Husse on Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:31 am

Well I still use OO2 :)
I tried to google image odt but the result was disappointing - all sorts of strange hits....
What kind of images is it?
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby anista on Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:25 am

Different kinds of images, .png, .jpg, .gif. And it seems like the problem only occur when I create the document on the macbook, not the other way around funnily enough, but I didn't think this was a mac-issue. I looked around in different fora, and I found other people with the same problem, but there wasn't any solution that I could find. I also noticed that if I converted the document to .doc, I could see the frame around the pictures, but without content.

It's no biggie, really, I just have to insert the images manually again, but it would be nice to have "real" solution anyway :)
anista
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Husse on Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:38 am

but it would be nice to have "real" solution anyway

It sure would - but considering the strange hits I got when I googled this I think it would demand a lot of work
Check the OO forums and Help
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby anista on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:15 pm

Husse wrote:
but it would be nice to have "real" solution anyway

It sure would - but considering the strange hits I got when I googled this I think it would demand a lot of work
Check the OO forums and Help

Will do! Thanks for your time, I'll report back here if I find a solution.
anista
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications