Warcraft III world editor, anyone?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Warcraft III world editor, anyone?

Postby guice on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:49 pm

Have anyone here gotten the Warcraft III world editor working, in any way at all? I've been fooling around with virtualbox and wine, but now I'm out of ideas. It starts up in wine, but with extreme graphical bugs, making it impossible to use. It won't start up in virtualbox at all, some directx-stuff problem I guess, and it won't run in opengl in virtualbox (at least I can't get it to run in opengl).

Have any of you guys ever gotten this application to work in Linux Mint or Ubuntu? If so, I'd be glad to hear how you did :)
guice
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Warcraft III world editor, anyone?

Postby emorrp1 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:26 pm

just to let you know, virtualbox v2.2 adds hardware acceleration support, so hopefully this might work for you. Personally I'd recommend just waiting until this version appears in the repos (especially for the ose), but if you want to try it out now, it is available as a deb you can just double click to install from http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/2.2.0/virtualbox-2.2_2.2.0-45846_Ubuntu_intrepid_i386.deb
If you have a question that has been answered and solved, then please edit your original post and put a [SOLVED] at the end of your subject header
Hint - use a google search including the search term site:forums.linuxmint.com
emorrp1
Level 8
Level 8

Return to Software & Applications