Learn French

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Learn French

Postby mikesol on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:13 pm

Hi guys,

I'm learning french and i want to know if there is a program for learn french. Some time ago I used a program called Rosseta Stone, and would be fantastic find something similar for Linux.

Thanks in advance.

Au revoir. :D
Sorry for my bad English
mikesol
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Learn French

Postby fwc on Fri May 01, 2009 5:31 am

I would recommend using podcasts http://www.french-podcasts.com/ if you want something free and multi-platform, or maybe an audiobook is a good way which is multiplatform www.audible.com/adbl/site/products/Prod ... Cookie=Yes.
fwc
Level 4
Level 4

Postby mikesol on Fri May 01, 2009 1:23 pm

Thank for response and very useful the links, but you don't know if there is a desktop app, like Rosetta Stone

Thanks in advance.
mikesol
Level 2
Level 2

Postby dlkreations on Fri May 01, 2009 6:34 pm

You may want to research using Rosetta Stone with Wine. http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... n&iId=1867
It's perfectly OK to express an opinion, but refrain from foul and stupid language
- Husse
dlkreations
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Fred on Sat May 02, 2009 12:04 am

My solution to this problem wouldn't involve a computer or program at all. I am picturing a lush, tropical island populated with only beautiful, young French women, and me of course. :-)

Fred
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and each time expecting a different result.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on the menu. Liberty is an armed lamb protesting the electoral outcome. A Republic negates the need for an armed protest.
Fred
Level 10
Level 10

Postby Kaye on Sat May 02, 2009 12:42 am

Fred wrote:My solution to this problem wouldn't involve a computer or program at all. I am picturing a lush, tropical island populated with only beautiful, young French women, and me of course. :-)

Fred

That is awesome.
"In somnis veritas"
Antivirus or defragging?
Kaye
Level 5
Level 5

Postby mikesol on Sun May 03, 2009 11:36 pm

Fred wrote:My solution to this problem wouldn't involve a computer or program at all. I am picturing a lush, tropical island populated with only beautiful, young French women, and me of course. :-)

Fred

Maybe works :D :D :D :D :D

Seriously, I've tried Rosetta Stone with wine, but the application just display an error message. Maybe lack something?

Thanks
Sorry for my bad English
mikesol
Level 2
Level 2

Postby fwc on Mon May 04, 2009 1:01 am

mikesol wrote:

Fred

Maybe works :D :D :D :D :D

Seriously, I've tried Rosetta Stone with wine, but the application just display an error message. Maybe lack something?

Thanks

You will probably have more luck in the Wine community. Furthermore, I don't won't to imagine Fred with a bunch of women but good luck with the French :roll:
fwc
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Software & Applications