newbie problem with both juniper client and OCS

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

newbie problem with both juniper client and OCS

Postby adm1jtg on Wed May 06, 2009 11:59 pm

I have just switched to linux mint and really like the interface much better then ubuntu (which i was only on for a week). I however have 2 main issues I have not been able to resolve.

1) I am trying to compile the pidgin sipe plugin for OCS access to work. I had it working in ubuntu. I used the following directions:
http://blog.endurancetrails.com/2009/02 ... linux.html
In mint however when I run the make command this is what I get
Making all in src
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jeff/Desktop/pidgin-sipe-1.3.4/src'
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -I/usr/include/libpurple -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -g -O2 -module -avoid-version -no-undefined -o libsipe.la -rpath /usr/lib/pidgin libsipe_la-sip-ntlm.lo libsipe_la-sipkrb5.lo libsipe_la-sipmsg.lo libsipe_la-sipe.lo libsipe_la-sipe-sign.lo libsipe_la-uuid.lo -lpurple -lglib-2.0
libtool: link: gcc -shared .libs/libsipe_la-sip-ntlm.o .libs/libsipe_la-sipkrb5.o .libs/libsipe_la-sipmsg.o .libs/libsipe_la-sipe.o .libs/libsipe_la-sipe-sign.o .libs/libsipe_la-uuid.o -lpurple /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so -Wl,-soname -Wl,libsipe.so -o .libs/libsipe.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpurple
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [libsipe.la] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jeff/Desktop/pidgin-sipe-1.3.4/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I cannot figure out what I did wrong or different then the ubuntu installs. Any help would be much appreciated.

2) The other problem I have never been able to resolve and that is getting the juniper network VPN client to work. I have tried many peoples combinations but cannot get anything to work. I always get RPM query for SSL failed. I have actually set a root password and this did not seem to help.

Sorry for such a long first post but I am anxious to get rid of windows for good.
adm1jtg
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: newbie problem with both juniper client and OCS

Postby emorrp1 on Thu May 07, 2009 4:47 am

for the first question, perhaps you need the development packages for pidgin: pidgin-dev From the description:
This package contains the headers and other development files not included in
the main pidgin package. Install this if you wish to compile your own plugins.
If you are creating a pidgin plugin package, please be sure to read
/usr/share/doc/pidgin-dev/README.Debian.dev after installing pidgin-dev.

For the second, have you tried using the network manager for VPN: right-click on network icon, edit connections > VPN
If you have a question that has been answered and solved, then please edit your original post and put a [SOLVED] at the end of your subject header
Hint - use a google search including the search term site:forums.linuxmint.com
emorrp1
Level 8
Level 8

Re: newbie problem with both juniper client and OCS

Postby adm1jtg on Mon May 11, 2009 2:36 pm

I have installed all the listed reqs as far as i can tell nothing is missing.

The vpn client must be the juniper software.
adm1jtg
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications