Rhythmbox equalizer plugin

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JamesFox

Rhythmbox equalizer plugin

Post by JamesFox »

Hi all,

Using Felicia and Rhythmbox 0.11.6, and I've downloaded and installed the equalizer plugin found here:
http://live.gnome.org/RhythmboxPlugins/ThirdParty

I was wondering if anyone else had tried it, and if they hear any changes in the sound when they adjust the equalizer settings? I can see the equalizer and make adjustments to the sliders, but the sound is not affected at all. (Maybe if you haven't tried it, you want to test it out? :D)

Just curious, thanks. An equalizer would make RBox finally the total pacakge IMHO (that and an Exaile-ish GUI, but oh well.)

James
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dlkreations

Re: Rhythmbox equalizer plugin

Post by dlkreations »

I downloaded it and configured it. I did notice a difference, but if I had it set too high, I'd hear some rather strange things; don't know if it was distortion or what. I lowered the settings down, and it seems to be working good.

I also downloaded the desktop art plugin which is rather nice too.
JamesFox

Re: Rhythmbox equalizer plugin

Post by JamesFox »

Thank you for doing that and letting me know the result. Hmm, not sure what my issue is then, as I can move the sliders all over the place with no perceivable change. Maybe it's my soundcard driver or something. Anyway, thanks again, I'm glad to know that it does work; gives me motivation to tinker with it some more.

James

p.s. agreed, that desktop cover art plugin is impressive!

Return to “Software & Applications”