Fixed: OpenOffice interface too sluggish after update to 3.1

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
PC_load_letter
Level 1
Level 1

Fixed: OpenOffice interface too sluggish after update to 3.1

Post by PC_load_letter »

I ran MintUpdate last night and some of the upgrades were for OpenOffice from version 3.0 to 3.1.
OpenOffice Spreadsheet 3.0 ran fine with Mint6, but now the 3.1 interface is too sluggish, like if I want to change cell's font to bold CTRL+B works momentarily, but when I try to do it from the interface it takes about 5~10 seconds!!!!!! Same with anything else.

Any ideas why this is happening? I have 4GB installed, running Compiz (normal effects option) + dust theme, with dual core AMD and an NVIDIA card.

Best.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
revdjenk

Re: OpenOffice interface too sluggish after update to 3.1

Post by revdjenk »

Yikes....that sounds dis-heartening!
I too am running Mint 6 with OpenOffice 3.1 (2Gb, 1.6g duo, ibm video, Compiz advanced)
To be honest I haven't run 3.1 Spreadsheet, at all...until a second ago. I had no delay in getting a cell contents to become bold with either method, immediately.
I HAVE found Writer and Presentation to be speedier (opening, closing and normal operations), crisper looking.

I hope someone who has seen and corrected this can give you an idea? (I would try completely removing OOo and then reinstalling?)

God Bless
Doug
PC_load_letter
Level 1
Level 1

Re: OpenOffice interface too sluggish after update to 3.1

Post by PC_load_letter »

Big thanks to Ubuntu/Mint team, the latest update just fixed this problem.
revdjenk

Re: Fixed: OpenOffice interface too sluggish after update to 3.1

Post by revdjenk »

try THAT windows users, update which fixes AND speeds up the system!!

Return to “Software & Applications”