Gloria - Rhythmbox and Banshee no sound [solved]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Kaye

Gloria - Rhythmbox and Banshee no sound [solved]

Post by Kaye »

Hey everyone,

Installed Gloria a few days back and I'm enjoying most aspects, however! I can't get sound to play out of Rhythmbox or Banshee. I had to switch to OSS to fix my sound (which I was expecting), but now a few random applications are silent. In Rhythmbox I get an error about a plugin not being installed, and in Banshee there is simply no sound. It seems to me that my apps are not recognizing OSS for whatever reason, as I had to reconfigure both Audacious and MPlayer in order to get them to play sound. Firefox's sound also works perfectly. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kaye
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Kaye

Re: Gloria - Rhythmbox and Banshee no sound

Post by Kaye »

Sorry to bump so quickly but this fell quite quickly.. and is my last big stumbling block with Gloria. Everything else I should be able to fix by myself in my own time, but I've already spent hours on this to no avail :(
Kaye

Re: Gloria - Rhythmbox and Banshee no sound [solved]

Post by Kaye »

Solved this by removing pulseaudio and restarting the system.. I guess the two audio formats were conflicting somehow in specific applications.

Return to “Software & Applications”