CDs I burn with Rhythmbox show no song info

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wyldekey
Level 3
Level 3

CDs I burn with Rhythmbox show no song info

Post by wyldekey »

I recently switched to Mint from Ubuntu and really love Mint. I have one question about Rhythmbox; I just used it to burn a playlist to CD. The finished CD shows in nautilus, but there is no info about CD title. And it displays each track, but for song title, artist, it shows "unknown". Only the track time is displayed correctly. The songs still play, but I don't understand why it can't read the data? This never happened with Rhythmbox in Ubuntu.
Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
We're inevitably imprisoned by what we believe.
Husse

Re: CDs I burn with Rhythmbox show no song info

Post by Husse »

This can really be a bug in either Rhythmbox or Nautilus
My bet is Nautilus - try to check if the CD you burned shows up OK elsewhere (different versions of Mint/Ubuntu have different versions of Nautilus)
I know there are a couple of bugs in Nautilus that makes it not show the correct file info and/or icon under certain circumstances
The one for shares is simple to find, but not the other I remember, possibly because I don't remember enough about it

Return to “Software & Applications”