why thunderbird and not evolution?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
adder

why thunderbird and not evolution?

Post by adder »

Hi,

I never used a emailclient like thunderbird or evolution. And I want to learn to use them. I know that Ubuntu comes with evolution and Mint with thunderbird. What's the reason that Clem packed Mint with Thunderbird and not Evolution like his 'parent' Ubuntu?

thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lagagnon

Re: why thunderbird and not evolution?

Post by lagagnon »

No idea, perhaps cuz TBird is smaller and makes room for the audio codecs that Ubuntu doesn't have? :wink:
Lantesh

Re: why thunderbird and not evolution?

Post by Lantesh »

A few versions back we had a discussion here on the forums about this. Clem was considering changing to Evolution, and if I am recalling correctly there was a lot of opposition to this, with most of the members here asking Clem to stick with Thunderbird. Personally I like the simplicity of Thunderbird. I know some people like to have lots of bells and whistles, but I like Thunderbird specifically because it does not have all that extra crap. It's a nice simple email client, and I hope it stays that way.

Return to “Software & Applications”