DVD Burner Software For Dual Layer DVD

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

DVD Burner Software For Dual Layer DVD

Postby Hawkeye_52 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:55 am

I am currently downloading a torrent file called 'Supreme SuperGamer', for son #2. Some of you may have seen it announced on Distrowatch -- it identifies itself here http://supergamer.org/forum/index.php?topic=182.0 as the first dual layer live DVD ever created.

Since it is a 7.8 GB file and there are only a few seeders, I have some time on my hands to research, but am coming up dry. My problem is: what software will burn this file properly to produce a live DVD? I am OK hardware-wise since my Lite-On drive has all the bells and whistles (Lightscribe, cd/dvd rewritable, and dvd+r dual layer writer). I have looked at the websites for Brasero, Gnomebaker, and K3B and find no mention of write capability for dual layer dvds. I have also gone to the developers website and find it short on documentation; I could join their forum, but it would only be to ask this one question, and if nothing else, I am lazy about things like that :oops: .

I was hoping someone here might have some experience with dual layer dvds -- if not, I guess its either join the 'SuperGamer Forum' as a one question wonder, or try to find a Geek Squad member at Best Buy who actually speaks something other than Windoweze (a quaint dialect that I have given up 6 or 7 years ago).

I've got all my fingers and toes crossed that a friendly soul here may have the answer (already getting cramps! :roll: ). Thanks for any advice or links that I may use to find an answer....

Hawkeye
Hawkeye_52
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: DVD Burner Software For Dual Layer DVD

Postby iironjade on Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:53 am

K3b will burn dual layer DVDs.
"A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming."
iironjade
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Software & Applications