DVD Burner Software For Dual Layer DVD

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

DVD Burner Software For Dual Layer DVD

Postby Hawkeye_52 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:55 am

I am currently downloading a torrent file called 'Supreme SuperGamer', for son #2. Some of you may have seen it announced on Distrowatch -- it identifies itself here http://supergamer.org/forum/index.php?topic=182.0 as the first dual layer live DVD ever created.

Since it is a 7.8 GB file and there are only a few seeders, I have some time on my hands to research, but am coming up dry. My problem is: what software will burn this file properly to produce a live DVD? I am OK hardware-wise since my Lite-On drive has all the bells and whistles (Lightscribe, cd/dvd rewritable, and dvd+r dual layer writer). I have looked at the websites for Brasero, Gnomebaker, and K3B and find no mention of write capability for dual layer dvds. I have also gone to the developers website and find it short on documentation; I could join their forum, but it would only be to ask this one question, and if nothing else, I am lazy about things like that :oops: .

I was hoping someone here might have some experience with dual layer dvds -- if not, I guess its either join the 'SuperGamer Forum' as a one question wonder, or try to find a Geek Squad member at Best Buy who actually speaks something other than Windoweze (a quaint dialect that I have given up 6 or 7 years ago).

I've got all my fingers and toes crossed that a friendly soul here may have the answer (already getting cramps! :roll: ). Thanks for any advice or links that I may use to find an answer....

Hawkeye
Hawkeye_52
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: DVD Burner Software For Dual Layer DVD

Postby iironjade on Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:53 am

K3b will burn dual layer DVDs.
"A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming."
iironjade
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Software & Applications