Trouble running Monodevelop

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Tachyon

Trouble running Monodevelop

Post by Tachyon »

Hey, everyone!

I'm having trouble getting Monodevelop to start up. I installed it from the repositories, but when I click on it to run it it just shows the loading splash and does nothing else. The progress bar doesn't even move. It rapidly eats up over 1 GB of memory and just sits there, and the System Monitor shows two Monodevelop processes for some reason, one of them "sleeping."

I ran it from the terminal and it said something about a Mozilla library, so I looked up that error message and found instructions telling me what to do: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=27854

Unfortunately, even after I follow the instructions it still doesn't work. The error message doesn't appear when starting it from the terminal, but it still just shows the loading splash with no progress. And eats up 1 GB of RAM, and creates some kind of clone process. What can I do to resolve this? Does anyone know?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Trouble running Monodevelop

Post by Husse »

It's hard to find a solution for this - lots of info about Monodevelop though
Memory leak seems to be a common problem
Perhaps you can find something useful on the Monodevelop homepage
When this happens look in dmesg (perhaps dmesg | tail is sufficient)
Try to do a strace (strace monodevelop)
Se what you get - and look in all logs (Log File Viewer)
bananiel

Post by bananiel »

Hi,

The way I fixed it was as trivial as could be. After running gconf-editor in terminal, I saw some complains about missing icons from gtk. Then I went to System, Preferences, Appearance and set a new icon-set within the current theme. The selected one was tango (with a questionmark on its symbol). That was today after searching for more than 2 days including doing this: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... op#p166086.
bananiel

Post by bananiel »

Uh, I just saw I'm posting on some abandoned thread. Sorry.

Return to “Software & Applications”