Need help with VLC Player

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Need help with VLC Player

Postby mikpap on Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:10 am

After installing VLC Player through .mint portal (the same thing after using the Automatix2) I can't see any movie (I can hear the sound or even see some screenshots when I try to move the window). The same happens when I switch to full screen mode. Any ideas? I tried to change the movie aspect or the parameters of video playback and decoding but with no luck.
mikpap
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby Husse on Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:20 am

I'm not quite sure if I understand you right - you can hear sound but not see video?
I'm not familiar with the VLC player, but you may have to change a setting so it starts using x (x11) like you do with Mplayer
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2512
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Need help with VLC Player

Postby tzileon on Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:37 pm

mikpap wrote:After installing VLC Player through .mint portal (the same thing after using the Automatix2) I can't see any movie (I can hear the sound or even see some screenshots when I try to move the window). The same happens when I switch to full screen mode. Any ideas? I tried to change the movie aspect or the parameters of video playback and decoding but with no luck.

Try do dissable the beryl manager (right click on the diamond-icon of beryl and choose another window manager). In my case, vlc is affectived by beryl.
tzileon
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications