Need help with VLC Player

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Need help with VLC Player

Postby mikpap on Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:10 am

After installing VLC Player through .mint portal (the same thing after using the Automatix2) I can't see any movie (I can hear the sound or even see some screenshots when I try to move the window). The same happens when I switch to full screen mode. Any ideas? I tried to change the movie aspect or the parameters of video playback and decoding but with no luck.
mikpap
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby Husse on Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:20 am

I'm not quite sure if I understand you right - you can hear sound but not see video?
I'm not familiar with the VLC player, but you may have to change a setting so it starts using x (x11) like you do with Mplayer
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2512
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Need help with VLC Player

Postby tzileon on Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:37 pm

mikpap wrote:After installing VLC Player through .mint portal (the same thing after using the Automatix2) I can't see any movie (I can hear the sound or even see some screenshots when I try to move the window). The same happens when I switch to full screen mode. Any ideas? I tried to change the movie aspect or the parameters of video playback and decoding but with no luck.

Try do dissable the beryl manager (right click on the diamond-icon of beryl and choose another window manager). In my case, vlc is affectived by beryl.
tzileon
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications