Banshee Overwrites Prior Tracks

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jag1182

Banshee Overwrites Prior Tracks

Post by jag1182 »

I'm running Gloria x64, with the built-in Banshee 1.4.3. I've currently loaded 24 music cds - that's the number that show as currently loaded. The last one I loaded was "Songs of the Green Berets." The problem is that on each of the 24, if you play the first song, it is "Ballad of the Green Beret." Okay in its' place, but not when I'm trying to play the first track on one of the Garth albums, or Keith Urban, etc. Basically, at some point (varying from try to try, it appears that eventually Banshee decides "I will now overwrite every track one with track one from this new CD, every track two with track two from this CD, and so forth. If the new CD has 12 tracks, the first 12 tracks on each prior CD will be overwritten. Previous tracks numbered higher than the highest number on the current remain unchanged. The second CD I loaded was a Dean Martin CD - tracks 23-30 on that CD remain unchanged. Any ideas on what is happening and how to fix this? Thanks for your consideration.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Banshee Overwrites Prior Tracks

Post by Husse »

In my position I see ever more strange problems - this was a new one
I think it has to do with some memory area being too small in Banshee and has nothing to do with the OS it's running on
I think it's best answered over at Banshee in their support
jag1182

Post by jag1182 »

Thanks, Husse I appreciate the help - if I find and answer, I'll post it here in case someone down the road encounters the same problem.

Can I ask how you pronounce your name?
Husse

Post by Husse »

You can - but there is no audio in the forum
And Husse is only my user name :)
The u is pronounced with a Swedish pronunciation of u that I think Swedish and Norwegian are alone to have
jag1182

Post by jag1182 »

Thank you. I occasionally mention you in my prayers, with blessings for your help. Wanted to get it right.

Return to “Software & Applications”