Sound suddenly stops/disappears

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Sound suddenly stops/disappears

Postby mbelholm on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:48 pm

Hey there
Im new in Linux mint.

my mint had run good without any problems - and then i enabled the 5.1 sound on linux, so i could use my surround sound system.
and after i did this, the sound suddenly disappears.

Sometimes, the sound works in firefox and not in my Rhythmbox - and if i close firefox, and close rhythmbox and starte them up again, the sound either are gone, or the sound is in rhythmbox
- It's hard for me to tell how the problem is, so i hope someome get my point :D ..

BUT if i restart my computer, then the sound will come back, but after awhile the sound disappears again.

Some of my friends said that i should try to look at PulseAudio - but i dont know how that is workin :s
i've tried to:
Code: Select all
apt purge pulseaudio
apt-get install pulseaudio

but the problem is still there.
i've also tried some other guides, but then my linux had problems by fiding my hardware hehe..

If i look in PulseAudio - it looks normally, it can find my hardware - and the Master vol. is at 100%.
The funny thing is that, the programs in my computer kan run, ex: If i start Rhythmbox to play a song, it plays a song - but without any sound.

I hope someone can help me.
I tried to ask for help, on another site, and only 1 responded, and he only said i should look in PulseAudio and havent heart from him ever since!.

Morten
/Denmark !
mbelholm
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Sound suddenly stops/disappears

Postby mbelholm on Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:47 am

Any idear's ?
mbelholm
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications