DVD rip problem with Talledega Nights

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

DVD rip problem with Talledega Nights

Postby pyite on Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:03 pm

I have been able to rip about 10 dvd's successfully, however I can't seem to get Talladega Nights to rip. dvdbackup gets a little bit past 300MB and then gives kernel I/O errors.

This is not a problem with the drive or the disc - I tried 2 brand new discs. I also have a Mac and Windows machine here, and both of them had the same problem.

Is there some sort of hardware copy protection going on? Is anyone here familair enough with the dvd libraries to try to figure out what is going on?

Thanks,
Mark
pyite
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby pyite on Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:16 pm

Apparently there are two newer copy protection methods called "ARccOS" and "RipGuard DVD".

There is a Windows program called ripit4me that apparently can deal with it (and claims to work under Wine). However, is there an open source program that can handle these?

Thanks again
pyite
Level 1
Level 1

Postby essetee on Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:09 pm

K9copy
essetee
Level 1
Level 1

help !!!!!

Postby penquin on Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:27 am

I am wondering if I burn an iso over direct burn will it make a better backup? I am trying to improve my backups because k9copy made one that "doesn't work with my tv system" according to my dvd player/recorder set top.
penquin
Level 1
Level 1

Postby penquin on Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:18 pm

I found out that it didn't work any better, but it did give me a clue. Can anyone tell me how to use k9copy and have ntsc instead of pal. I think it is part of mencode, but I don't know.
penquin
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications