Firefox freezes randomly on YouTube.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Firefox freezes randomly on YouTube.

Post by scorp123 »

crusti wrote: Both in Bianca and Cassandra Firefox will freeze randomly while navigating through YouTube
Could be that you still use an old version of the Flash plugin? I had that too. Upgrading to a newer version definitely helps. Can you check what the status of the flashplugin-nonfree package is on your system? e.g. via Synaptic

Other than that I suggest not to open too many windows and browser instances at once when surfing around on YouTube ... the combination of too many open Firefox windows + YouTube seems to increase the likelihood of the freeze happening.

BTW, Did you try Opera ... I hate to recommend closed source software, but Opera seems to handle YouTube better than Firefox does.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rfruth
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rfruth »

I get this too (stock Mint 3.0, Gnome) on another box of mine this NEVER occurs (stock Ubuntu 7.04, Gnome) but can't get Realplayer10 configured correctly on Ubuntu (works fine with Mint) so its 6 of 1 half dozen of the other ?

Return to “Software & Applications”