Virtual Box Does Not Switch Cursors and Maximize

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Novatian
Level 1
Level 1

Virtual Box Does Not Switch Cursors and Maximize

Post by Novatian »

Hi I use Mint 6, and from virtual box.org got the Ubuntu version, for 32 bit. This is for my lap top, the first download was a success in my desktop.

My first download missed a file, so I got the version before, maybe Ubuntu Jaunty. It worked, and as I installed Microsoft Office I maybe pressed it a few times and got a warning and several boxes appeared. After this, no cursor switch was possible, even after a restart of the virtual machine and the whole machine.

Neither by right CTRL or clicking in the windows space and clicking yes to switch.

Also the windows does not maximize much, just gets a think black border.

Running WIndows XP.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Virtual Box Does Not Switch Cursors and Maximize

Post by grimdestripador »

Lets recap what your situation is:

Situation1:
Host OS: Windows XP/Vista/7
Enumerator: VirtualBox running in Windows
Virtual OS: Linux Mint 6, running virtual box drivers for ubuntu.

Situation2:
HostOS: Linux Mint 6
Enumerator: Virtualbox running in 32 bit ubuntu proprietary version, (not OSE)
Virtual OS: Windows XP with drivers loaded from "install guest os drivers" menu command.

Obervations:
right-CTRL does not exist on my laptop, I switched the keys.
If I forget, I must shutdown the guest OS, then switch those keys before booting next time.
If you just install the Guest OS drivers then you should have no problem.

Maximize is possible if, your screen resolutions are set the same in both host and guest OS, or if you install guest os drivers, of which it can then switch the display resolution.

Return to “Software & Applications”