Anybody know how to use Weplab?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Anybody know how to use Weplab?

Postby Locrian on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:14 pm

Does anybody know or has successfully used Weplab? i need some help setting up my wireless card to work with it and if possible some help using it sense im a noob at wireless networking and want to expand my knowledge.
Locrian
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Anybody know how to use Weplab?

Postby DrHu on Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:14 am

Anybody using wireless who uses wep (or none: open connection), instead of wpa2 is asking to get hacked
--since wireless is a radio (transmission), any antenna than can monitor it can possibly crack it, wep (easy), wpa2 (a little more involved)

Nope but its function is to crack wireless connections..
    What is WepLab?
    WepLab is a tool designed to teach how WEP works, what different vulnerabilities it has, and how they can be used in practice to break a WEP protected wireless network.
Not all wireless cards will operate in monitor mode
--it depends on the wireless driver used by the card..

http://weplab.sourceforge.net/
Code: Select all
It is very important to configure a wireless interface in monitor mode and in the same channel where the WEP enabled wireless network is. Example: weplab -i wlan0 -c file.cap
Analyze 802.11 captured traffic file: weplab -a file.cap
Crack 802.11 captured traffic file with a brute-force attack: weplab -b file.cap
Crack 802.11 captured traffic file with a dictionary attack: cat dictionary | weplab -y file.cap
Is very useful to join the variability of john the ripper creating different candidate passwords in this kind of attack, for example: john -i -stdout | weplab -y file.cap
Crack 802.11 captured traffic file with a statistical attack (FMS, KoreK attacks): weplab -r file.cap
DrHu
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Anybody know how to use Weplab?

Postby Locrian on Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:15 pm

yeah i read this however im stuck way at the begining in the whole setting up my wireless card into monitor...........
Locrian
Level 2
Level 2

Return to Software & Applications