(SOLVED) Installing MS Office XP with wine

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rdh61
Level 4
Level 4

(SOLVED) Installing MS Office XP with wine

Post by rdh61 »

Hi,

I have been trying to install MS Office XP with wine. After I have put in my product code and set up the components I want to install, and given the go-ahead, a window tells me set up has encountered a problem and has to close.
It installs well with the crossover trial I downloaded, but I hoped to save some money by installing it with wine.
Anything I can do about it?

Many thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Installing MS Office XP with wine

Post by richyrich »

Looks like Office XP is rated as Garbage! at :

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... n&iId=3514
MaddogF16

Post by MaddogF16 »

If you really want it and don't want to fight with it to much, just buy crossover (if it's in your budget) and save the possible hassles.
rekik

Post by rekik »

What version of wine do you use ? There are severe regressions in some wine versions regarding MSoffice install. With 1.1.27 wine version I have installed MS-office 2003 without any problem (but I don't know for MS XP)
rdh61
Level 4
Level 4

Post by rdh61 »

MaddogF16 wrote:If you really want it and don't want to fight with it to much, just buy crossover (if it's in your budget) and save the possible hassles.
That sounds like good advice. Thanks.
ibm450
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ibm450 »

-o0o- has any1 here got outlook 2003 working with crossover?

-o0o- i have it installed and it loads up, but for the love of GOD, i cant get it to send or receive :evil: emails
HP EILITE FOLIO 9470M i7-3667u x 4
GitHub: tolgaerok
Image Image
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

I think when I need a windows application that is not a game, I use a VM, like virtualbox (Sun version) and a windows OS install + application

I use OpenOffice, but I don't know why more office suite users don't use Office live

I would think that to avoid the format hassles with office suite (which version do you use, I can't read the file ?), it would be a better option office_live_workspace_vs_google_docs_feature_by_feature.php
  • However, since Office Live Workspace is the web-enabled aspect of Microsoft Office software, integration is key. From within the workspace, you can click "edit" to open the file with the Microsoft Office program. The service also offers an add-in that works with Office XP, 2003, or 2007. The add-in allows you to open and save documents to and from the workspace via the software's File Menu (XP, 2003) or Office menu (2007).

Return to “Software & Applications”