crossover office

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

crossover office

Postby sapper66 on Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:05 pm

I am sure this is posted in the wrong place, sorry. i installed crossover and steam, it worked great!! HOWEVER I had to uninstall and upon re-installing it, I can't get past %26 update on steam and it is saying steam is already running!! I did a complete crossover removal, re-install, still says it is running. VERY frustrating as I actually got half life working great on linux. (Steel panthers:world at war ran good as well, just very SLOOOOW) I just cant seem to get back on it. re-booted several times to no avail
I am about ready to install xp again, i really don't want to, Mint is fantastic
sapper66
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: crossover office

Postby scorp123 on Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:21 pm

sapper66 wrote: re-booted several times to no avail
This isn't Windows :lol:

I suggest you go to the CodeWeaver's CrossOver Office forums? :roll:
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Postby gcc on Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:03 pm

not sure about on crossover, but for Wine I had to set it into windows 2000 mode to run Steam reliably.
gcc
Level 1
Level 1

CrossOver 7 Pro Full

Postby danny0085 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:00 pm

You can try CrossOver 7 Pro Full http://tips-linux.net/en/content/crossover
danny0085
Level 1
Level 1

Re: crossover office

Postby RedWagon on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 am

sapper, hope I'm not too late but you don't have to go back to Windows. I play Team Fortress 2 competitively on Linux so I have a lot of experience installing Steam in Linux. I am actually working on a complete guide for Source in Linux through Wine which covers the installation of Steam and Wine. I take a slightly more advanced approach at setting up Wine and it would really help me to have someone (who isn't me) try it out and give me feedback so I can see what parts I need to make more clear.

I took my original, cut out the Source parts to better fit Half Life and attached the file to this post. Check it out and if you have any questions post back, I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread.

EDIT: If you were by chance referring to Half Life 2 and just left out the 2 part in your original post use the guide I posted here viewtopic.php?f=47&t=39199 instead. Half Life and Half Life 2 are two very different games.
Attachments
TestRun.rtf
(63.55 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
RedWagon
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Software & Applications