Firefox, Hulu, and apple trailers.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Firefox, Hulu, and apple trailers.

Postby raptornx01 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:23 am

I upgraded firefox through mintUpdate earlier today and it pretty much works fine, but ever since I haven't been able to use hulu.com. I can view the site itself but if i try to watch anything, view my profile, and view discussions I get redirected to a page saying basically Sorry but we are having server issues.

At first I figured fine ok, they are having problems. and its been out all day so I guessed they were big problems. But I noticed discussions and such still being posted and thought that was odd since I get the redirect whenever I try to even view any discussion page. If the site itself was the problem no one should be able to post or view discussion, reviews, etc.

Also on Apple trailers I can no longer view videos, even with the user agent agent switcher activated. I was there only a week or so ago and it worked fine but i just checked today and nothing.

So I wanted to know whether something about the update made these sites unavailable or is it really just them?

and I don't know how to change to an older version of firefox to check it.
raptornx01
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Firefox, Hulu, and apple trailers.

Postby BasicGreatGuy on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:37 am

Hulu and Apple trailers are working fine for me. I have the latest updates with Mint 8 as well. Are you using any add-ons with Firefox?
BasicGreatGuy
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Firefox, Hulu, and apple trailers.

Postby DrHu on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:49 am

Also connects with Mint 7 main and Opera 10, do see video selection
    Not being a member I can't see video, but I am getting correct responses..
    --stream in USA and region entries
DrHu
Level 17
Level 17

Return to Software & Applications