Firefox, Hulu, and apple trailers.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Firefox, Hulu, and apple trailers.

Postby raptornx01 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:23 am

I upgraded firefox through mintUpdate earlier today and it pretty much works fine, but ever since I haven't been able to use hulu.com. I can view the site itself but if i try to watch anything, view my profile, and view discussions I get redirected to a page saying basically Sorry but we are having server issues.

At first I figured fine ok, they are having problems. and its been out all day so I guessed they were big problems. But I noticed discussions and such still being posted and thought that was odd since I get the redirect whenever I try to even view any discussion page. If the site itself was the problem no one should be able to post or view discussion, reviews, etc.

Also on Apple trailers I can no longer view videos, even with the user agent agent switcher activated. I was there only a week or so ago and it worked fine but i just checked today and nothing.

So I wanted to know whether something about the update made these sites unavailable or is it really just them?

and I don't know how to change to an older version of firefox to check it.
raptornx01
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Firefox, Hulu, and apple trailers.

Postby BasicGreatGuy on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:37 am

Hulu and Apple trailers are working fine for me. I have the latest updates with Mint 8 as well. Are you using any add-ons with Firefox?
BasicGreatGuy
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Firefox, Hulu, and apple trailers.

Postby DrHu on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:49 am

Also connects with Mint 7 main and Opera 10, do see video selection
    Not being a member I can't see video, but I am getting correct responses..
    --stream in USA and region entries
DrHu
Level 16
Level 16

Return to Software & Applications