Is there a way to have mintMenu in Avant Window Navigator?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: Is there a way to have mintMenu in Avant Window Navigator?

Post by Husse »

I think I saw the same question a while ago and I think the answer is no - at least it would take some skilled programming
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sidneyk

Re: Is there a way to have mintMenu in Avant Window Navigato

Post by sidneyk »

I know this is an old post, but yes you can and I have done so. No real skill required. In AWN dock preferences, go to Task Manager, click on Add and in the command dialog just browse to /usr/bin/mintmenu and select. Fill in the description and name and click on the icon to choose a different icon if you want. In advanced, choose Use Startup Notification and voilla you now have an AWN applet for mintmenu.
Mozenrath

Post by Mozenrath »

That's cool, sidneyk! Too bad I don't use AWN anymore, but I was the one who originally asked the question a while ago so that's great you found a way.
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

I have been trying to figure out the same thing for docky if anyone knows. :wink:

Robin
thouartsimple
Level 3
Level 3

Post by thouartsimple »

ppa:knutwalker/awnmintmenu

That PPA adds Mint Menu as an applet for AWN, works well but it takes a bit to load when AWN is launched. I'm not sure about Docky, though...
-Nick

Laptop: PCLinuxOS KDE (Toshiba Satellite A305D)
Desktop: LM11 Katya Gnome, LM10 Julia KDE, PCLinuxOS KDE, LM10 Julia LXDE, Bodhi Linux (All 32-bit, custom built PC)
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

Mintmenu also takes a while to load when running Gnome, maybe because it's written in Python.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.

Return to “Software & Applications”