SRware Iron (SOLVED)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
demoka

SRware Iron (SOLVED)

Post by demoka »

SRware Iron is a chrome like browser but with a better privacy setting and speed there is the Linux version available but it is in tar.gz . and I had not much luck to install it on Mint , I had a suggestion to wonderful people of mint if possible add this to the software manager or Synaptic ,or is there an easy way and step by step tutorial on how to install tar.gz files
thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: SRware Iron

Post by Husse »

Srware Iron is a product I would not care about - there is no indication what so ever of the install process in the files I have downloaded and I don't find it in their forum either
Obviously it gets installed so it can be done but I don't like to guess in this respect
markcynt

Post by markcynt »

Just download Iron, right-click the tar file>extract here.

Then click on the uncompressed iron-linux folder, look for the iron icon, click on that and the browser will open.

To make a shortcut to Iron right-click on the desktop>Create Launcher, put Iron in the launcher name field, then browse to the iron icon, and select that.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Yupp that works - thanks markcynt
But I think it is really bad that you can't find this mentioned anywhere - at least not without an extensive search
markcynt

Post by markcynt »

Your welcome Husse.

I've learned to look for launchers when I don't see installation instructions.
demoka

Re: SRware Iron (SOLVED)

Post by demoka »

Thank you
MALsPa
Level 8
Level 8

Re: SRware Iron (SOLVED)

Post by MALsPa »

A question for folks who have installed the Iron browser in Mint:

Where do you extract the the tar.gz file to? Your home directory, or to /opt, or where?

Return to “Software & Applications”