Request to upgrade SeaMonkey package to 2.0.1

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dhdurgee
Level 4
Level 4

Request to upgrade SeaMonkey package to 2.0.1

Post by dhdurgee »

I am currently running the SeaMonkey 1.1.17 package downloaded by the package manager. This is three releases behind the current 2.0.1 release and receives a warning to upgrade on the SeaMonkey home page.

I know that Mint comes with FireFox and ThunderBird installed, but you might want to consider offering SeaMonkey as an alternative to both of these as well. I prefer the integrated package myself and SeaMonkey 2.x is mostly compatible with FireFox extensions now as well.

Please offer the 2.0.1 x64 release of SeaMonkey as soon as reasonably possible and keep it current as you keep FireFox and ThunderBird current.

Dave
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dhdurgee
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Request to upgrade SeaMonkey package to 2.0.3

Post by dhdurgee »

SeaMonkey has now been upgraded to 2.0.3 and an x86_64 "contributed build" is now available as well as the 32 bit version for linux. I have downloaded and installed this release manually, but it would be better to have this offered viz the package manager.

Dave
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Request to upgrade SeaMonkey package to 2.0.1

Post by remoulder »

New software releases are generally not backported to the repos for older releases with the (possible) exception of long term support versions. Install via ubuntuzilla.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
dhdurgee
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Request to upgrade SeaMonkey package to 2.0.1

Post by dhdurgee »

Unfortunately Ubuntuzilla does not include the x86_64 version, at least as of the last time I checked. Given that Mozilla is now including a contributed release at this level perhaps this can be changed. I will check their page out.

Dave

Return to “Software & Applications”