Mint Menu: "Favorites" - size; "All applications" - sorting

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
playnicekidz

Mint Menu: "Favorites" - size; "All applications" - sorting

Post by playnicekidz »

I have a couple of questions regarding the mint menu:

- can't figure out how to make the menu larger. literally larger so that it can store more items in the favorites sections. now the window of the menu has a constant size no matter how many apps you add to be shown in favorites. in order to access all the link to apps in the menu i have to scroll which is not really comfortable imo and not even obvious immediately.
there is also one more problem caused by adding to many apps to the favorites section - filter box gets blocked. so i can't point the cursor to it and type the name of an app.

- the 2nd problem is that i can't change the order and place of an app in the list of all applications. i can neither drag and change the position in the list (although this is possible in the favorites section) nor adjust the position in the Main Menu editor. i mean i change the order, visibility and the category to be shown in of an application, but changes in Main Menu are not applied in the Mint Menu.

I would appreciate a lot if someone helps me with these issues.
thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Mint Menu: "Favorites" - size; "All applications" - sorting

Post by richyrich »

Right-click the Menu -> Preferences . . Favorites tab, experiment with the icon sizes, number of rows, swap name, etc.,
playnicekidz

Post by playnicekidz »

i have tried that.
i also tried to encrease the size (pixels) in gconf-editor - applications - mint menu - it seems to me this worked.
gibbs1984
Level 5
Level 5

Post by gibbs1984 »

For the second problem you can right click on the menu, Edit > then move the items up and down as you wish using the buttons on the right.

I'm not on Linux at the moment but I believe that is right.
Linux Mint 20.3 (Cinnamon) 64bit.
playnicekidz

Post by playnicekidz »

can't find a solution for the second problem - apps are sorted alphabetically in Mint Menu - All applications regadless of the fact that i have changed their order Gnome Main Menu

Return to “Software & Applications”