iPod Fiasco!!!! Linux Mint 8 (Helena)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
negativflaw

iPod Fiasco!!!! Linux Mint 8 (Helena)

Post by negativflaw »

i am seriously getting annoyed! so i recently upgraded to helena after having gloria installed on my laptop ( an hp dv9000 with amd turion 64 x2). anyways i loved gloria and i was using banshee as my itunes substitute! now after upgrading to helena i can no longer get any application to detect my ipod. my ipod is a 120g classic black. i tried using banshee right off the bat and got rid of rhythmbox and it worked for a minute but didnt detect my ipod so i tried closing and reopening banshee and it wont even open now. ive tried everything i can think of including uninstalling and reinstalling. and restarting computer and installing amarok and songbird and gtkpod none of these programs can detect my ipod! it shows up on my desktop when i connect and vlc player will pop up when i plug it in and vlc player plays the music on it but no management programs will detect it. therefore i am angry at helena! im so close to just reinstalling gloria! please someone help me not get rid of helena and just go about my love for linux mint 8! and i saw songbird for the first time i added the plug in and nothing! no ipod functionality! anyways if you can help it would be incredibly appreciated! thank you! i dont care about the whole banshee using .net btw so dont comment! also i kinda want to use songbird anyways its purdy and looks like itunes! either way i dont really care too much what program i use as long as i have my ipod management again!

thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: iPod Fiasco!!!! Linux Mint 8 (Helena)

Post by Husse »

I just made this topic sticky - hope it helps

Return to “Software & Applications”