Software installation questions.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
CaptainGenerica

Software installation questions.

Post by CaptainGenerica »

Is there any way to install programs such as Adobe Photoshop Elements with a Mint 8x64 OS?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Software installation questions.

Post by remoulder »

[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
gravelbay

Post by gravelbay »

Many Windows programs will run under WINE (which means "Wine Is Not an Emulator). You can learn more about WINE and find out what programs have been tested (along with those results) at http://www.winehq.org/ I took a look and it appears that some versions of PS Elements work better than others, so you'd just have to give it a try.

WINE is not installed by default in Mint IIRC, but it's easy to get. In the Mint menu, click the Package Manager, enter your root password, and type "wine" in the search window. Then you can install it from there.

Hope this helps.
CaptainGenerica

Post by CaptainGenerica »

Thanks guys. Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 runs nice and smooth.
gravelbay

Post by gravelbay »

CaptainGenerica wrote:Thanks guys. Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 runs nice and smooth.
Another Mint success story! 8) Glad it worked so easily.
sjjoseph

Post by sjjoseph »

Hi, Krt !
According to me the solution given by pompom is more appropriate to your question.
By changing the setting in control panel you are changing the resolution of the desktop.
So this is not the required solution. I have tried both solution.
Still i am looking solution for this problem.

Return to “Software & Applications”