Installing OpenShot Video Editor on Mint 8

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Installing OpenShot Video Editor on Mint 8

Postby jlr1701 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:05 pm

I would like to install OpenShot on an older Acer Travelmate 8100 laptop running Mint 8. I had to disable Pulse Audio to get sound working on this system. The install for OpenShot wants to remove libsdl1.2debian-alsa and replace it with libsdl1.2debian-pulseaudio, which I am afraid will knock out my sound. If that is the case, is there a way to install OpenShot without having to use Pulse Audio?

Thanks,

Jeff
Asus Sabertooth X79 mobo/i7-3930k/Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO/32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM/Nvidia GTX670/Crucial 128GB SSD/Samsung 540GB SSD/ 2 1TB WD hard drives
jlr1701
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Installing OpenShot Video Editor on Mint 8

Postby gravelbay on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:57 pm

jlr1701 wrote:I would like to install OpenShot on an older Acer Travelmate 8100 laptop running Mint 8. I had to disable Pulse Audio to get sound working on this system. The install for OpenShot wants to remove libsdl1.2debian-alsa and replace it with libsdl1.2debian-pulseaudio, which I am afraid will knock out my sound. If that is the case, is there a way to install OpenShot without having to use Pulse Audio?

Thanks,

Jeff

I don't know, but I'll be checking back here, Jeff. I just downloaded OpenShot and was just about to install it when I found your post. I think I'll wait till you get an answer and learn right along with you. 8)
Jerry
You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body. - C. S. Lewis
gravelbay
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Software & Applications