Fire Fox

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jamesthelibertine

Fire Fox

Post by jamesthelibertine »

While surfing the net i noticed that there were some new updates and a couple of them were for Fire Fox so i installed them while continuing to surf. Then Fire Fox froze so i thought no big deal i will just rest my computer tried to open FF again and no joy so then i decided to uninstall FF and reinstall it fresh did that rebooted and it will still no load. I am using Helena.

any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Fire Fox

Post by remoulder »

Your profile may have become corrupted and may have to be recreated. First try starting in safe mode and disabling your plugins to see if the iproblem lies there. Press Alt+F2 and in the Run dialog box, enter firefox -safe-mode. Once you have made your changes, close and try restarting FF. If that works, you'll have to uninstall your plugins (probably in safe mode) and re-install them. If it doesn't work, create a new profile by starting FF with the --profilemanager switch. You'll need to make sure there are no instances of FF running before trying either option.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

My question, would be ... how did you acquire these Firefox Updates?

From the Firefox/Mozilla browser site or in Synaptic/MintUpdate or Launchpad?

It would depend on how you got the updates, and how you installed them and if there are known dependencies?
jamesthelibertine

Post by jamesthelibertine »

ive got it working now thankin u!!
windy_miller

Post by windy_miller »

Same has happened to me tonight. Installed updates from Mint Update. If you then start Firefox I get a very small (tiny) Firefox window almost at the top left side of my screen. If I drag it out to expand it there is just an empty frame with a white background in it.

Not sure what the fix was that jamesthelibertine used, I've already uninstalled and reinstalled via Software Manager and it made no difference.

I'll try the advice in the thread and report back.
Last edited by windy_miller on Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

windy_miller: That happened to my, once, a long time ago. I don't remember what I did, to fix it?

Which version of Firefox are you using? and to which version do you want to update to?
And which version of Mint (or other Linux OS) are you using?
windy_miller

Post by windy_miller »

Just seen that jimwelcheck had the same issue in this post http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... .7#p226120.

I logged myself out (ctrl-alt-backspace) and back on and this resolved the issue. Unusual that this has to be done for a Firefox update.
windy_miller

Post by windy_miller »

hi vrkalak

It was Firefox 3.5.6 to 3.5.7 on Helena

Return to “Software & Applications”