Wallaper-Tray...

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Wallaper-Tray...

Post by tenfoot »

A couple of days ago this application was mentioned in the Forum and I decided to give it a try. There was no problem with the installation and it worked well. However, I decided that it didn't really suit the way I work, so I uninstalled it. Now there is a problem :cry:

Entering Control Center - Appearance - Theme I see an error message "This theme will not work as intended because the required GTK+ theme 'Shiki-Wise' is not installed". A check on Package Manager shows it as installed. So, I uninstalled it - decided to reboot the computer - and then reinstalled it. But the error message remains, even after a complete Shut Down and Start.

Now the burning question :) How do I get back to the Helena installation Shiki-Wise default, please?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Wallaper-Tray...

Post by richyrich »

In Synaptic, search for mint-artwork-gnome, and mark for re-installation . . . :)
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tenfoot »

richyrich wrote:In Synaptic, search for mint-artwork-gnome, and mark for re-installation . . . :)
Thanks for a very, very prompt response. Seven minutes must be a record :lol:

Did as you suggested but didn't make any difference. Had a search of Synaptic and also installed mint-meta-gnome and mint-meta-main and mint-meta-universal (and its dependencies) in the hope that could solve the problem. Unfortunately it didn't :cry:

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. Otherwise, I'll consider a reinstall.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

mint-artwork-common ?
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tenfoot »

richyrich wrote:mint-artwork-common ?
Was installed but reinstalled it, anyway. Made no difference :cry:

Return to “Software & Applications”