(SOLVED)OpenOffice Writer in transparent

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jool13

(SOLVED)OpenOffice Writer in transparent

Post by jool13 »

Hi Everybody!

I had a Linux version that I use for a long time and now going too tray Linux Mint. But I cant do my OpenOffice Writer to go in transparent when I'm looking on a move and write in the sometime. In my old Linux it was possibly to do that.
Can somebody out there help me whit this.

Best Regards
Johan
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: OpenOffice Writer in transparent

Post by Husse »

What??
Please clarify
jool13

Post by jool13 »

Hi!
First I most to say that Linux MInt is a very good OS, I like it.

My old Linux was Mandriva 2007 or 2008, hade two applications started. One was a move player that hade a move going on, that I was looking on. In the sametime I hade Openoffice writer open (the move player was in the background) When I was working I did my writer transparent with help with exp ctrl+alt+ the weel on de mouse then I could do my application transparent an only see the text that I wrote down and the tools icon on Openoffice writer.

This funktion workt on all application in that Linux version. It hade with the CompizConfig settings to do, effects

Best Regards

Johan
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

Sounds like the Opacity, Brightness and Saturation settings in CompizConfig Settings Manager. You can use increase and decrease individual transparency of windows in the Opacity tab.

There is also the Opacify setting, which makes a window go transparent when you hover the mouse to a window behind it.

Return to “Software & Applications”