3 mobile text function

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

3 mobile text function

Postby the jatsman on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:11 pm

I use 3 mobile and now that I am running Linux Mint I don't need to use the proprietary software to connect to the internet as this is automated for me by Linux's network manager, however this means I can't use my free texts allowance from 3 unless I switch back to my Windows partition, so, has anyone been able to install this on Linux? and how?

Thanks.
the jatsman
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: 3 mobile text function

Postby viking777 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:12 pm

the jatsman wrote:I use 3 mobile and now that I am running Linux Mint I don't need to use the proprietary software to connect to the internet as this is automated for me by Linux's network manager, however this means I can't use my free texts allowance from 3 unless I switch back to my Windows partition, so, has anyone been able to install this on Linux? and how?

Thanks.

Your only way (I think) would be Wine or Virtualbox. (and in my experience wine never works with anything useful, so that doesn't leave you much choice!)
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532. Intel i5 processor, 6Gb ram, Intel HD3000 graphics, Intel Audio/wifi. Realtek RTL8111/8168B Ethernet.Lubuntu 13.10,Ubuntu12.10 (Unity), Mint16 (Cinnamon), Manjaro (Xfce).
viking777
Level 14
Level 14

Re: 3 mobile text function

Postby the jatsman on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:17 pm

Wine, of course, I have used it for a couple of things, I will try that and if no good I will try this Virtual Box, thanks for replying Viking, it's no biggee obviously, just annoying, so cheers.
the jatsman
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications