No sound when banshee is running.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mike65

No sound when banshee is running.

Post by Mike65 »

Hy!
I have a problem with the sound. Usually i use audacious for play music, but i was try banshee from a couple of days now. Today i was realized that wormux don't have a sound, and i found that there is some problem with sdl. So i went to the package manager and search for sdl. There were a coupe of sdl libraries there (oss, alsa, esd, pulseaudio) and only pulseaudio was installed. But i was never able to use pulse with indel HDA so i was removed it after install the mint8. So i was installed the libsdl1.2debian-alsa package and that removed libsdl1.2debian-pulseaudio. Wormux have a sound now, but banshee (and other mac clone music players like rhythmbox, listen music player) stopped to play out sounds to the speakers, and the bigger problem is, when these apps are running, none of the other applications can play sound (youtube flash or audacious, videos). when the mac clone players are closed averything is fine. What is this? Is there a solution or i need to live without those players? what are these music players use to play the sound?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MaddogF16

Re: No sound when banshee is running.

Post by MaddogF16 »

What about Amarok? Or other QT based player that may be configured for "alsa" output, thinking maybe the others are configured for "pulseaudio"?
Mike65

Post by Mike65 »

Amarok is working without problem. But i use gnome enviroment. I use k3b too so it's not a big broblem. So i need to avoid "gnome's" music sorters just because they wanna use pulse?
Last edited by Mike65 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
MaddogF16

Post by MaddogF16 »

If the player doesn't come with a configuration section for changing the input source type than yes you'll have to seek alternatives.

Return to “Software & Applications”