Epiphany 2.28.0 + flash + java = annoying

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
klabs

Epiphany 2.28.0 + flash + java = annoying

Post by klabs »

I started using Epiphany 2.28.0 about a month ago because it feels much lighter than Firefox on my 5 year old laptop. I have grown accustomed to many of the features and nuances of Epiphany and would like to continue using it as my default browser. However I have one issue that I have been trying to resolve, but so far with no success.......

When I navigate to a site, for example http://www.linuxtoday.com, there is a flash menu with drop-down sub-menus at the top of the page. Directly under that is usually a flash advertisement (sometimes though it is a static image). If the ad is flash, the flash movie covers the java menu options in the drop downs. This is very annoying and can make some pages un-navigable.

Another example is on Yahoo mail. After clicking the 'empty' link for the spam folder, I usually click the 'empty' link next to the trash folder, but the java confirmation box gets covered by a flash advertisement there as well.

Firefox handles the issue correctly. I have tried the ad-block extension and it works, but it also blocks content on many sites that is NOT advertisements and may be important elements of a web page.

I would like Epiphany to handle the Java/Flash issue like Firefox. Is there a setting I am missing somewhere in Epiphany? Or maybe something like the flashblock feature that Firefox has?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Epiphany 2.28.0 + flash + java = annoying

Post by richyrich »

Have you installed the epiphany-extensions from the Package Manager ?
klabs

Re: Epiphany 2.28.0 + flash + java = annoying

Post by klabs »

Yes, I have installed that package, but I do not see a flash blocker.

Return to “Software & Applications”