Error while installing Vlc Media Plyer

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hideipuser

Error while installing Vlc Media Plyer

Post by hideipuser »

I end up with the following error while trying to install Vlc. But Vlc installed fine. It works fine too.

"E: /var/cache/apt/archives/vlc-data_1.0.5-1~removed1_all.deb: error creating directory `./usr/share/locale/sl'"

Any help will be appreciated.

P.S. I have attached the screenshot of the error.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Error while installing Vlc Media Plyer

Post by remoulder »

removed releases only support karmic and above now, are you on mint 7 or older? If not how did you install?
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
hideipuser

Post by hideipuser »

Hi

I am using LinuxMint 8(helena). I got the same error before adding removed to the sources list. So I thought some packages were missing in the repo, that'swhy I tried with removed. But the error repeats.

Now I cannot add anymore packages to my Linuxmit box. Any method to completely remove VLC and to reinstall?
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

CLI way in a terminal

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get remove --purge vlc
or graphical way, run synaptic package manager, find vlc, right mouse and choose Mark to completely Remove, click Apply. This has the advantage of showing you what dependencies will be removed and what bits are left over after removal.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Software & Applications”