BibleTime 1.6 in Bea

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

BibleTime 1.6 in Bea

Postby DSLim on Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:40 pm

I installed BibleTime 1.6 from Add/Remove and get the following error when I try to run it:

There was an error setting up inter-process communications for KDE. The message returned by your system was:

Could not read network connection list.
/home/david/.DCOPserver_daniel_0

Please check that the "dcopserver" program is running!

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
David
DSLim
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

no problem

Postby zolly on Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:43 pm

I installed BibleTime using System->Administration->Synaptic Package Manager, and I didn't have this problem. When I runned first time, I added a bible using BookShelf Manager. My computer is directly connected to Internet. I didn't install other KDE components before, my Linux Mint Bea is fresh installed.
zolly
Level 2
Level 2

Re: no problem

Postby DSLim on Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:57 pm

zolly wrote:I installed BibleTime using System->Administration->Synaptic Package Manager, and I didn't have this problem. When I runned first time, I added a bible using BookShelf Manager. My computer is directly connected to Internet. I didn't install other KDE components before, my Linux Mint Bea is fresh installed.

Thanks for your reply and help.

I tried to get it to work with 2 separate Linux Mint installs and no go. On the 3rd install, it works fine. I don't know why I had the trouble, but at least now it works.
DSLim
Level 1
Level 1

Re: no problem

Postby DSLim on Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:16 pm

zolly wrote:I installed BibleTime using System->Administration->Synaptic Package Manager, and I didn't have this problem. When I runned first time, I added a bible using BookShelf Manager. My computer is directly connected to Internet. I didn't install other KDE components before, my Linux Mint Bea is fresh installed.

Hey, just remembered that I had used Add/Remove the first times and no luck and I used Synaptic Package Manager after your reply and it works.

Thanks!
DSLim
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications