BibleTime 1.6 in Bea

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

BibleTime 1.6 in Bea

Postby DSLim on Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:40 pm

I installed BibleTime 1.6 from Add/Remove and get the following error when I try to run it:

There was an error setting up inter-process communications for KDE. The message returned by your system was:

Could not read network connection list.
/home/david/.DCOPserver_daniel_0

Please check that the "dcopserver" program is running!

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
David
DSLim
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

no problem

Postby zolly on Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:43 pm

I installed BibleTime using System->Administration->Synaptic Package Manager, and I didn't have this problem. When I runned first time, I added a bible using BookShelf Manager. My computer is directly connected to Internet. I didn't install other KDE components before, my Linux Mint Bea is fresh installed.
zolly
Level 2
Level 2

Re: no problem

Postby DSLim on Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:57 pm

zolly wrote:I installed BibleTime using System->Administration->Synaptic Package Manager, and I didn't have this problem. When I runned first time, I added a bible using BookShelf Manager. My computer is directly connected to Internet. I didn't install other KDE components before, my Linux Mint Bea is fresh installed.

Thanks for your reply and help.

I tried to get it to work with 2 separate Linux Mint installs and no go. On the 3rd install, it works fine. I don't know why I had the trouble, but at least now it works.
DSLim
Level 1
Level 1

Re: no problem

Postby DSLim on Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:16 pm

zolly wrote:I installed BibleTime using System->Administration->Synaptic Package Manager, and I didn't have this problem. When I runned first time, I added a bible using BookShelf Manager. My computer is directly connected to Internet. I didn't install other KDE components before, my Linux Mint Bea is fresh installed.

Hey, just remembered that I had used Add/Remove the first times and no luck and I used Synaptic Package Manager after your reply and it works.

Thanks!
DSLim
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications