Mint KDE - YAWP Plasmoid

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Dutchmaster
Level 2
Level 2

Mint KDE - YAWP Plasmoid

Post by Dutchmaster »

For me, the one kde4 "must have" plasmoid that I see missing is YAWP (yet another weather plasmoid). I'm trying to install it and, as I don't have advanced command line skills, I've failed so far. It'd be nice if it were included in the repo. I used it with Mandriva and, IMHO, it is far superior to the others I've tried.

If anyone could take me step by step from the extracted .tgz file to install, I'd be appreciative because I'm in over my head. I get error codes upon error codes when I try to follow the installation instructions included in the file.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
markcynt

Re: Mint KDE - YAWP Plasmoid

Post by markcynt »

Tell me exactly which version of YAWP you downloaded, which directory it resides in, the exact commands you are entering, and errors you are getting.

You also may want to check out CWP weather plasmoid.

YAWP was my favorite until I found CWP.

http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=98925

I'll help you get either or both installed without too much effort.
dariom

Post by dariom »

Hi,
I am interested in installing both of them. Can you explain how to do it, please?

Dario
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

I don't know about YAWP, but you can install the plasma-widget-customizable-weather from the Package Manager (just do a search for plasma-widget). Once installed, and added as a widget to the desktop, a right-click gives you the Configuration menu to find/set your weather location, different layouts, transparency, etc, etc . . it's the only one I use ! :mrgreen:

Once configured, and a click on today . .
weather1.jpg
After adding a satellite image in the configuration, and then just a click to get a larger image (notice the arrow at the top, more sat images :) )
weather-sat-img.jpg
markcynt

Post by markcynt »

plasma-widget-customizable-weather is what Synaptic calls the CWP plasmoid.
dariom

Post by dariom »

Hi,

Great thanks! Thats it!!!

Dario

Return to “Software & Applications”