Streets and Trips 2005

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Streets and Trips 2005

Postby mickel on Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:50 pm

I am using Cassandra 3.0 on my little HP Celeron 667 with 384mg ram and it is the best distro for me of all I've tried.
I no longer have Windows on my machine and I'm not sure I could re-install it, ( WXp Pro), if I wanted to. ( I sort of know how to partition my 20 giger but I don't have knowledge of how to choose between grub and lifo and how to get it to give me a choice between which os to boot. My first experience with Linux years ago was Mandrake and I used Partition Magic before hand and it kind of led me through it. But since I formated and single installed this time I haven't been able to get the boot loader to offer me a choice as in when I have tried to have two Linux distros.
Question: is there any way to use Microsoft Streets and Trips on Mint ? I own the software but when I try to install it it won't open. I have tried Wine but no help.
To use it requires loading the software and then use a second cd for full install or livecd type use. This really is the best map program that I've found or I wouldn't bother, so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
mickel
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby Husse on Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:16 am

I have found very little information, but it seems that it is possible to run this under Wine
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Software & Applications