Projectx

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jobex

Projectx

Post by Jobex »

I should like to install Projectx which makes an excellent job of demuxing videos. I cannot find a package in the repositories and I can download only zipped source code from the web. This code has to be compiled with some sort of build function which I am not familiar with and I would rather not have to bother with this. Mandriva does have ready-built packages but I have moved from Mandriva to Mint because Mint just works! Does anyone know where I can find a package and how I can acquire and install it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tinca
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Projectx

Post by tinca »

jobex,

I have had my "Projectx" file for a long while now, and I just transfer it to any new operating system that I install. If you search the web for a "compiled Projectx" you will be able to find it as I did. My one is named "projectx.jar" and is 770 kb in size. Unfortunately I cannot remember where I downloaded my one from.

Best regards Keith
tinca
Level 5
Level 5

Post by tinca »

jobex,

I found a link for a .deb package on a Ubuntu forum that may help you

http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-203330.html

Best regards Keith
Jobex

Post by Jobex »

Thanks for your prompt reply tinca. That .deb package is just what I was looking for. I have installed it sucessfully but not yet tried it out. Many thanks.
tinca
Level 5
Level 5

Post by tinca »

jobex,

glad it helped

Best regards Keith

Return to “Software & Applications”